There will be two specialised units on this floor – Teenage and Young Adult Unit (TYA) and Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT)
- Eight bedded unit to care for patients aged 16-24 during their treatment, offering 100% ensuite single bedrooms with facilities for relatives/partners to stay in the room for support.
- Large lounge for patients and relatives to use during their inpatient stay. The TYA team will run activities in this area to support patients during treatment.
- Four chairs looking out over Liverpool with an outside social space for patients.
- 15 bespoke single bedrooms for patients receiving bone marrow transplant and post-transplant care run by specialised nursing teams.
- This floor has a separate relatives’ room for use by inpatient relatives/carers.